There are several signs that could mean you’re a genius, as proven by science. What’s even more amazing is that many of these signs seem like some of the traits of Asperger’s.
There are 9 different types of intelligence:
- Bodily-kinesthetic (body smart)
- Existential (life smart)
- Interpersonal (people smart)
- Intra-personal (self-smart)
- Linguistic (word smart)
- Logical-mathematical (number/reasoning smart)
- Musical (sound smart)
- Naturalist (nature smart)
- Spatial (picture smart)
Believe it or not (do your own research if you’re skeptical), very smart people have the following traits. They are:
• Cat lovers
• Chocolate lovers
• Likely to talk to themselves
• Worriers and over-thinkers
• Very inquisitive
• Not interested in fashion
• Cognitively hyperactive
• Night owls
• Avid readers
Let’s look at each of these traits further. If this sounds like you, you may just be smarter than you’re giving yourself credit for:
1. Are you a slob? Were you taught to feel bad about yourself for being messy, disorganized or unkempt? Studies suggest that the messy desk (for example) of geniuses is linked to their intelligence. Smart people don’t spend much time cleaning and organizing everything; thus, their mind is occupied with more important stuff.
2. Are you lazy? People with high IQ are less active than average people. Do you often get bored if not given a challenging task? Then you just might be a genius. Some of the greatest invention were made out of laziness (e.g., a remote control).
3. Do you favor cats over dogs? Cat lovers are more introverted, open-minded, and more likely to be non-conformists.
4. Do you crave chocolate? People who eat chocolate at least once a week perform better in a range of mental tests involving memory and abstract thinking as compared to the general population.
5. Do you have social anxiety? People who have anxiety are constantly analyzing their environment. Do you often reflect on what is happening, formulate ideas, and process a lot of information at once? This requires a lot of intelligence. Studies support the idea that socially anxious people are generally more intelligent.
6. Do you talk to yourself? Then you might be a genius, or at least you’re an intelligent human being, studies have found.
7. Do you over-think shit? People who over-think a lot are more creative. Worrying comes from an innate ability to imagine vividly. When you catch yourself over-thinking, utilize your creative imagination to discover solutions.
8. Are you highly inquisitive? Smart people are always interested in the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ behind everything. They find themselves asking a lot of questions, reading a lot, and observing everything with curiosity. Do you have a childlike zeal to learn and consume new information? Then you just might be a genius.
9. Are you a smart-ass? Smart people are sarcastic. Smart-ass individuals have a certain wit that implies intelligence. Studies suggest a link between sarcasm and creativity. People who use sarcastic humor are more likely to be intelligent, because it requires more thought.
10. Could you give a shit less about fashion? Smart people don’t care much about fashion. Do you want to spend your time and thinking abilities on bigger issues than fashion? Then you just might be a genius.
11. Are you hyperactive? Smart people have very hyperactive brains. Are you often “stuck” in your own ideas and philosophies? It’s just a sign that you are smarter than the average bear.
12. Are you a night owl? Smart people like to stay up late. Studies show that people who are more intelligent are more nocturnal than their less intelligent counterparts. Recent technological advances make your brain reach for expertise in areas of special interest, and to search for stimulation at night, ignoring the impulse to rise and fall with the sun like your ancestors.
13. Are you scatterbrained? Is your mind preoccupied with thinking about several things at a time? Do you often forget about basic things (e.g., where you put your phone or keys)? Then you just might be a genius. You’re spending your mental energy on the larger things in life.
14. Are you obsessed with reading? Smart people read a lot. Do you love learning about how things work and expanding your horizons? Then you just might be a genius.