Even with a high score, a diagnosis cannot be accurately made on this basis, but requires a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation. Answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to the questions below (if you answer ‘yes’ to 10 or more, an evaluation by a professional is warranted).
Have you experienced any of the following:
1. Abnormal speech rhythm?
2. Attachment to animals or things other than humans?
3. Bitten by dogs?
4. Capable of sustained rigorous hard work?
5. Clumsy or exaggerated gestures when talking?
6. Depression or on anti-depressant?
7. Diagnosed with any Personality Disorder?
8. Diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?
9. Diagnosed with Schizophrenia?
10. Drug addiction or alcoholism?
11. Eating disorder (e.g., anorexia)?
12. Educated below ability level?
13. Employed below ability level?
15. Flat or monotonous voice?
16. Highly sensitive to criticism?
18. Lack "common sense"?
19. Lack sensitivity to nonverbal cues and social codes?
20. Little eye contact?
21. Little or no facial expression?
22. Longing for death or suicidal thoughts?
23. Low "social skills"?
24. Motor clumsiness?
25. Neurotic habits or tics?
26. Never had a steady job?
27. Never had a long-lasting romantic relationship?
28. Never married?
29. Not emotional?
30. Not taken seriously or misunderstood in face-to-face situations?
31. Not well able to read another's facial expression?
32. Use tranquillizers?
33. One-sided eating habits?
34. Oversensitive to particular sounds?
35. Peculiar or (for males) too high-pitched voice?
37. Poor work record?
38. Read full manual before taking equipment into use?
39. Read reference works from A to Z?
40. Rigid day or week schedule (i.e.,repetitive patterns)?
41. Savant-like traits?
42. Was severely bullied at school?
44. Sleeping problems?
45. Social isolation?
46. Still a virgin?
47. Stilted and overformal in social interaction?
48. Strong interest in mysterious subject matter (e.g, scientific, occult)?
49. Talk too little?
50. Talk too much?
51. Teased by children in adulthood?
52. Was unjustly punished at school?
53. Very honest?
54. Write complaint letters to authorities, professionals, companies, etc.?
55. Have always felt "odd"?
==> Living With Aspergers: Help for Couples
==> Skype Counseling for Struggling Individuals & Couples Affected by Asperger's