==> Living With Aspergers: Help for Couples
Are you an adult with High-Functioning Autism or Asperger's? Are you in a relationship with someone on the autism spectrum? Are you struggling emotionally, socially, spiritually or otherwise? Then you've come to the right place. We are here to help you in any way we can. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile...
Search This Blog
How to Make Your Spouse Happy: 7 Tips for Aspergers Husbands
You want to make your spouse happy? You want her to feel satisfied? Feel appreciated? Do you want your spouse to put you back on the top of her priority list?
Below are 7 ways to make your spouse happy – starting today:
1. Make your spouse happy by cleaning anything. When you do any single chore that she doesn't have to do, she is less bogged down. As a mother and wife, her “to do” lists are never ending. While she might love to climb into bed with her husband and think only about love making, she usually can't do that easily. When her husband helps her and makes a serious effort to cut down on what she has to do, she feels thankful for his willingness to help and less overwhelmed by what still awaits her. If you already do a lot around the house, as you should, do one more thing a day and sit back and watch her reaction. Your spouse may not notice your new haircut, but she will always notice a chore that is off her list.
2. Make your spouse happy by complimenting her. You may think that she already knows that you think she is still beautiful, but she can never hear it enough. When you express kind words towards your spouse, she feels a renewed love and appreciation for not only you – but herself. She remembers, even for a brief second, that she is a lovely woman and that has a husband that loves her. What more could she want? She wants and needs to be reminded of how you feel about her.
3. Make your spouse happy by giving her small gifts. While buying her gifts is not nearly as important as your attitude and actions described in the other tips, gifts can play a role to please your spouse. If you can afford a nice little gift here and there, do it. Buy her something that she truly likes though. Think about something she liked way back in college that she hasn't had in a while. Did she like garlic pickles? If so, find a place that sells them and show up with one.
4. Make your spouse happy by having fun and playing with your kids. When a woman sees her husband playing with their children, it is a big turn on. When you think of an activity to do with the kids on your own and you execute that activity showing true interest in them, you might as well pull out the satin sheets, because you're getting lucky. Most women are very conscience of the fact that kids need attention and love from both parents for important emotional development. When a wife sees her husband giving his kids the time and energy that she thinks they deserve, she feels excited and appreciative.
5. Make your spouse happy by remembering special occasions. Remembering birthdays, anniversaries and special dates tells your spouse loud and clear that you truly care. But, when you think outside the box and remember dates that she hardly remembers, she will be totally impressed. She will not only feel special but will feel like you are thinking about her more than she thought. For example, tape a note to the coffee maker in the morning that says "Happy 5 Years Since We Met." Your spouse will be figure out instantly if you are right and then she will call her best friend to tell her that you remembered.
6. Make your spouse happy by showing her affection. Showing your spouse affection is another sign that you love and appreciate her. Hugs and kisses are obviously great ways to show your spouse love, but there are so many other ways to show affection in subtle ways that send a message of love. Why not hold her hand on her way to the laundry room? Put your arm around your spouse while watching TV, or rub her back as she makes dinner. Touch her back as she walks by, kiss the top of her head for no reason, and touch her whenever you can. Show her that you want to touch her in and out of the bedroom.
7. Make your spouse happy by spending as much time with the family as possible. When you are able to get away from work and spend time with your family, do it. The key though is to spend quality time. Turn off your cell phone and the computer and give yourself to your family. Let them see your complete abandon for time. Your spouse will again feel appreciated, and your kids will feel special too.
Making your spouse happy has a lot more to do with performing in everyday life and less about performing in the bedroom. Showing her that you love her every day by touching her, relieving her of some of her duties, showing love to the kids, and spending time with your family will surely make your spouse very happy. This will, in turn, make you happy!
==> Living With Aspergers: Help for Couples
Resources for ASD-NT Couples
“I am married to a man with Aspergers. I must say this has been the biggest challenge in my entire life. Although I do love my husband dea...
"Can an adult with Aspergers or High Functioning Autism have a meltdown just like a child with the same disorder?" Click here ...
A lot of men with Asperger’s (AS) – also called “high functioning autism” – have never been diagnosed and are regarded as being eccent...
You have a love Asperger's, and you don't understand him or her, so it's making you crazy? It doesn't have to be that wa...
Men with Aspergers have many traits that can be attractive to a prospective partner. Click here for the full article... ==> Liv...
People with ASD [High Functioning Autism] often face challenges related to their ability to interpret certain social cues and skills. ...
Many, if not most, females with Aspergers and High-Functioning Autism “slip through the net” (i.e., go undiagnosed) because they camoufl...
Depression drains your energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to do what you need to feel better. But while overcoming bouts of de...
Too often, the microscope is focused on all that is wrong with adults who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder [ASD]. Yet, these grown-ups a...
"One of the things I have learned while married to my husband with Aspergers syndrome is that I have to allow for processing time....