Have you ever had the thought, “Hmm, I think I could have Aspergers – I have some of those darn traits”? If so, are you hesitating to find out, for sure, whether or not you have Aspergers?
==> Living With Aspergers: Help for Couples
==> Skype Counseling for Struggling Individuals & Couples Affected by Asperger's
• Anonymous said... Autism, as it existed as a diagnosis in the 1950s, more closely resembled Aspergers Syndrome than classical Autism.
• Anonymous said... I graduated high school in 1995, needless to say no one knew about this. I was diagnosed last year. I've had a few good jobs over the years, but could never stay for any longer than a year. Then I'd have major break downs, not realizing it was the AS that was causing this. Very frustrating. Now I can't find counseling from someone specializing with AS patients. Those resources are almost exclusively for children. Adults are being abandoned. I keep hearing people griping about their tax dollars paying for welfare. Well, some of us are on it because we don't the resources to help us. We don't want to be here. We want to have a job, pay taxes, provide for ourselves, and be productive members of society. However, society has decided it would rather ignore us and then chastise us and threaten to take away our only source of help from us, labeling us as lazy people. Nothing could be further from the truth.
• Anonymous said... I was diagnosed around 5 years ago at the then age of 47..
• Anonymous said... I was diagnosticed a couple months ago so is true for me
• Anonymous said... my hubby and twin only diagnosed age 60,after our children were,
• Anonymous said... Then they say get over it, we all have troubles. Yeah? Really? You don't tell someone with cancer to just get over it. You don't tell someone in a full body cast after a bad crash to just get over it. Some of us can't JUST get over it,we need the resources of professionals to help us so we can finally reach our goals. We have dreams and we have feelings. Sometimes I get so frustrated and angry I want to tell the world to kiss my ass, but that would not be an appropriate reaction.
Please post your comment below…