But, when disputes and friction start to overshadow the positive aspects of the marriage, there is a bigger problem looming: BITTERNESS.
==> Living With Aspergers: Help for Couples
==> Skype Counseling for Struggling Couples Affected by Asperger's and HFA
• Of course not one Aspie has read and commented. Too self absorbed too notice. I'm there. Bitter and done. Hatching an escape plan.
• I'm with you. I want to get in shape and start putting money in my own savings account. I should have dated him longer so I could see that being with him is like being alone.
• This is so accurate. I loathe my husband most days. He was so perfect in the beginning, and now he just plays his pouting games. I went back to school before I figured out that he has ASD, so I am currently dependent on him. Not sure what to do. I feel so stuck and I know his brain will never work the way I want it to.
• I have Aspergers and have an I have an NT girlfriend. I have recently learned it's important to work together as a team instead making her feel like she has to spend more energy not only taking care of her self but me as well. Due to my struggles she often did more work on house and solving problems but now I want to make sure every day that's she's not doing all the work. I'm allowing my relation and the love I have for her be an inspiration to work on the things I struggle at such as paying attention when j do things to minimize accidents, or give more effort try to figure out things myself before asking for help but also make sure I do it right and if I can't, ask for help instead of breaking something. I'm trying to listen more even when I have stuff on my kind, I learned that it's okay to put your thoughts at a later time. I try to do fun things together like watch programs we like together. I didnt realise I was not always doing that until I read some forums where I heard other NT partners express concern . If takes effort sometimes but i know a good relationship is 50/50 and now keeping that as a moto, I always knew that but now I understand that on a deeper level and my love to her and seeing her happy is worth the effort I improving on these areas that I sometimes lag on.
• Bitterness leads to illnesses. You may think you’ve become accepting to this short changed way of existing, but your body reacts when u r emotionally drained.