Are you an adult with High-Functioning Autism or Asperger's? Are you in a relationship with someone on the autism spectrum? Are you struggling emotionally, socially, spiritually or otherwise? Then you've come to the right place. We are here to help you in any way we can. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile...
Why Some NT Women Refuse to Date Men with Asperger’s
There's nothing wrong with getting rejected by a woman you have an eye out for. It happens all the time. But some guys with Asperger’s seem to have a lot of difficulty in this area (i.e., winning and keeping a girlfriend).
Here are the top 15 reasons NT women turn down Aspie men:
1. Due to a series of bad childhood experiences, many men with Asperger’s have very low self-esteem. As a result, their “relationship-building” confidence level is a 1 on a scale of 1 – 10, and the perceptive woman picks up on this.
2. Due to past social failures, some of these men have an attitude towards dating that is generally very negative. This attitude gets conveyed at an almost unconscious level - and is a turn-off.
3. Their approach throws the women off-guard (e.g., either came on too passively or too aggressively).
4. Their conversational skills, displays of empathy, and eye-contact are lacking (in her estimation).
5. Their looks don’t match the woman’s standards (e.g., too casual of clothing, disheveled hair, etc.).
6. They (falsely) pretend to not to be interested in sex.
7. They come off as either too independent or too needy.
8. Some Asperger’s men don’t put themselves out there enough – not by a longshot. In other words, they’re impatient because the whole process is taking too long, and therefore, do not give the “law of averages” enough time to work.
9. They have an attachment to being rejected. That is, they identify themselves with disappointment, disapproval, and rejection because it has happened so many times before (e.g., a self-fulling prophecy becomes manifest).
10. They present themselves as “too nice,” which comes off as fake and disingenuous.
11. They push for a “one-night stand.” This conveys that you are not really the committed type.
12. Some Aspie men think that all they have to do to win her over is to be a gentleman. Unfortunately, it takes MUCH MORE than that.
13. They try to be “friend.” She already has friends – she’s probably looking for a “lover.”
14. The Aspie tries to get the woman to like him before she is attracted to him.
15. Many of these men wait too long to “make a move.” So, she gets bored and bails out.
Here are some resources that may benefit the chronically rejected male Aspie:
Resources for ASD-NT Couples
“I am married to a man with Aspergers. I must say this has been the biggest challenge in my entire life. Although I do love my husband dea...
"Can an adult with Aspergers or High Functioning Autism have a meltdown just like a child with the same disorder?" Click here ...
A lot of men with Asperger’s (AS) – also called “high functioning autism” – have never been diagnosed and are regarded as being eccent...
You have a love Asperger's, and you don't understand him or her, so it's making you crazy? It doesn't have to be that wa...
Men with Aspergers have many traits that can be attractive to a prospective partner. Click here for the full article... ==> Liv...
People with Asperger’s and High Functioning Autism (HFA) often face challenges related to their ability to interpret certain social cu...
Many, if not most, females with Aspergers and High-Functioning Autism “slip through the net” (i.e., go undiagnosed) because they camoufl...
Depression drains your energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to do what you need to feel better. But while overcoming bouts of de...
Too often, the microscope is focused on all that is wrong with Aspergers adults. Yet, these grown-ups actually have much to contribute t...
"One of the things I have learned while married to my husband with Aspergers syndrome is that I have to allow for processing time....